1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. 1000pt Friendly Tourney List

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Army Lists' started by mould2k, Jan 17, 2018.

1. mould2k
    Jungle Swarm

mould2k New Member

Hello All,

I am a newcomer to the wonderful world of Lizardmen, started playing relatively recently with a group who thankfully prefer 8th ed over AoS (or 9th age).

We're planning a day of 1000pt games between the five of us with fixed lists. It's rather friendly so I am not looking to powergame, but at the same time these guys have been playing far longer than I so I need all the help I can get!

My opponents will be: Orcs n Gobbos (will definitely include a mangler squig), Skaven (will definitely include a DOOMWHEEL), Dwarves (usual sort of units) and Vampire Counts (will definitely include a Lvl4 Master Nec - looks to grind opponents down over a long game).

Lords: Oldblood: CO, GW, Shield (as modelled), Armour of destiny, dawnstone, ruby ring. Hard hitting and survivable, will support and go after other lords. Ruby ring to use excess power dice.

Heroes: Skink chief on terradon, LA, spear, enchanted shield, dragon bane gem. Will look to snipe enemy casters and warmachines.
    Skink Priest: Heavens Lvl 1, dispell scroll. Scroll caddy basically.

Core: 20x Saurus with FC. The brick
    10 Skink Skirmishers
    10 Skink Skirmishers - Plenty of poison for doomwheels, and other big nasties.

Special: 5 x Camo skinks - Warmachine hunters and more poison.

Rare: Salamander with extra snack. Should have targets aplenty with these opponents.

My concerns: I have a really weak magic phase. Both the VC player and the OnG player will both be bring LVL 4 wizards. I am relying on my two fast moving units to shut these down but it's a gamble. Only real solution that I can see though, as can't bring anything over a lvl 2 at this point limit.

Lack of a BSB - hopefully not too much of an issue due to cold blooded.

Am i spreading myself too thin?

Any list suggestions are welcome. Would getting a cheap stegadon in there be better? If so, what should I drop?

Ritual and n810 like this.
  2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

First of all: Welcome to Lustria. :D
    Second: Congratulations on Choosing 8th edition. :pompus:

You shouldn't have much issue with Saurus leadership,
    but skinks can be a bit flighty, so keep them near your generals influence
    if you are worried about them running...
    That being said they should run from a lot of things.
    and usually only engage in close combat as a last resort. :meh:

Ps. you might want to target the enemies casters sooner than later.

Ritual and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  3. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

It's bit cheesey but if you can rail road the doomwheel with a unit of skinks it is worth while and could make it almost ineffective.
    I think there's a tacticta on this but essentially you need to get the skinks to an inch away and parallel to a long base edge.
    As it can't turn (it can't go closer to the skinks than 1") it has to move straight forward, meaning you should be able to get everything else out of its way.
    With skinks movement you should be able to keep up with it so railroading it off the table (as long as the skinks are left unmolested).

Ritual likes this.
  4. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum!