1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS 500, 1000 and 1500 points lists help

Discussion in 'Seraphon Army Lists' started by Zherehint, May 15, 2018.

1. Zherehint
    Jungle Swarm

Zherehint New Member

Hi guys,

Recently came over to AoS from 40k and decided to go for Seraphon due to being a big fan of the models for a long time.

My local GW store is running a small campaign with the stipulation that before the match the points value is randomly determined between 500, 1000 or 1500 for both armies.

So far I only have the SC box and a Bastiladon. I have managed to make a Skink priest and Scar-Veteran on cold one out of the spare bits as well.

I have enough for a 500 point match and if I put in everything I can make 1000, but need some help on what to get next to make the 1500 point list and how to make the lists a bit better.

I will probably eventually get a second SC box but for now would like to expand it beyond that, I was potentially looking at getting some Saurus Guard for the next step.

Thanks for any help.

500 point list:
    Allegiance: Seraphon
    LEADERS
    Saurus Scar-Veteran on Cold One (100)
    - General
    - Command Trait : Thickly Scaled Hide
    - Artefact : Blade of Realities
    UNITS
    10 x Saurus Warriors (100)
    -Clubs
    BEHEMOTHS
    Bastiladon (280)
    TOTAL: 480 WOUNDS: 25

1000 point list:
    LEADERS
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (280)
    - General
    Skink Priest (80)
    - Priestly Trappings
    UNITS
    -Clubs
    5 x Saurus Knights (100)
    -Blades
    BEHEMOTHS
    Bastiladon (280)
    TOTAL: 940 WOUNDS: 51

2. Uguns2
    Skink

Uguns2 New Member

Put spears on your Knights or you won't get the charge bonus.

Other than that your lists are good starts. Guard are good to protect your heroes, your Carno is a huge target. Rippers are good for deep strike. Kroxigor are great against horde. Skinks with blowpipes are always a solid choice. You can always increase your unit size. Warriors and skinks get bluffs in numbers. Rule of thumb there is do either 10 or do 40. If you are going to build up saurus get a sunblood and starpriest. Only other suggestion I can give is to decide what type of player you are, i.e. offense, defense, melee, range, and build from there.

3. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Welcome to the forums!

@Uguns2 has already mentioned a few key points, with this one being the one I was about to give, too:
    We have a lot of options. Determining your play style is step one to success. Nice example: If you hate deep strikes then playing a Shadowstrike Starhost - while being pretty effective - is not a good idea.

As for your lists:
    The 500 point list is low on wounds, but might just work because of the Basti, which is an absolute beast.
    The 1000 points list is OK, but don't expect your Saurus Warriors to do much.
    The Knights.... I am torn. Generally I prefer lances because of the possible mortal wounds while charging, but if you are like me you rarely roll those sixes so using the Blades is OK I guess. I would still use lances because in the future (when you get your second SC box) you will have enough Knights for a Firelance Starhost, and then I'd say lances are definitely better to have.

4. ILKAIN
    Skink Chief

ILKAIN Well-Known Member

I also started with the SC and a Basti and have recently come from 40K (great minds think alike!). For my 1500 list (which im testing later today) im switching to this (and for the record its a bit all over the place because im still building the other ten guard to have an eternal starhost lol):

- Kroak (450)
    - Old one on carno (280)
    -general
    -thick scales
    -the aoe -1 to hit shield for a relic
    - Eternity warden (130)

-10 warriors (100)
    -spears
    -5 knights (100)
    -Spears
    -5 guard (100)

-Bastilodon (240)
    -solar ray

balewind vortex (100)

5. Zherehint
    Jungle Swarm

Zherehint New Member

Thanks for the replies guys.

Made my knights lances instead of clubs now.

Decided to go for getting some more Saurus warriors, Skinks and a Ripperdactyl squad to make this list.

LEADERS
    Saurus Oldblood on Carnosaur (280)
    - General
    Skink Priest (80)
    - Priestly Trappings
    UNITS
    -Clubs
    -Clubs
    10 x Skinks (60)
    -Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    10 x Skinks (60)
    -Boltspitters & Star Bucklers
    3 x Ripperdactyl Riders (140)
    5 x Saurus Knights (100)
    -Lances
    BEHEMOTHS
    Bastiladon (280)
    BATTALIONS
    Shadowstrike Starhost (170)
    TOTAL: 1470 WOUNDS: 90

6. Uguns2
    Skink

Uguns2 New Member

Good list but since you are running a battalion you get a second artifact. The prism on your priest may be a good idea if you aren't planning on moving him too much.

Also since your battleline requirement is met you may consider making either a unit of 20 warriors or skinks.