1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tutorial Carnosour Tactica (including dual Carno Tactica)

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by ZaGreekie, Sep 23, 2013.

1. hdctambien
    Terradon

hdctambien Active Member

I think 2 units of 6 rippers is the better choice. You get 2 Blot Toads, 2 different targets to be shot at, and it's hard to rank up 6 Ripper models when they get into combat...

2. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

Hmm I can't find the points for 2 large units, however it should be possible to have 1 x 4 and 1 x 5 units of rippers. This way I've maximized the amount of potential attacks and have 2 x blot toads. Besides my friend is scared sh1tless of my rippers so two units along with 2 carnosaurs and 2 regular stegs should do wonders to mess with him :p

3. hdctambien
    Terradon

hdctambien Active Member

Oops. I meant 2 units of 3 :p

I find a single unit of 6 is unwieldy to field and will get shot to pieces. A single unit of 3 will get shot to pieces, too. But with 2 units of 3, either one unit gets shot to pieces or both units lose a model, but at least one of them gets into something juicy.

Also, 2 units of Rippers attacking a single target can make it much more difficult for the target (prey) to get away, and also much more likely that you can get into their flank/rear (with one of your units)

2 units of 4 would work pretty well too.

4. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

Feel like every thread is eventually all about rippers.

discomute likes this.
  5. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

2 units of 4 vs 1 x 4 and 1 x 5 is pretty much the same ^^

Anyway I've had luck with units of 6 since this allows them to take a couple of wounds and still be fully effective. With their M10 they're quite manouvreable, however, it all depends on whether or not you can control their frenzy :p

6. GCPD
    Bastiladon

GCPD Active Member

Don't you have problems with getting all the models into base to base contact with more than 4, especially as they are likely to go into flanks? Or is the idea that they'll lose the additional models and be able to attack with a full compliment?

Sigged.

7. Putzfrau
    Skar-Veteran

Putzfrau Well-Known Member

this makes me happy

8. Lizards o Lustria
    Skink

Lizards o Lustria New Member

Great Tactica.
    I especially love the Jackhammer! But there is one problem. In multi-combats the loser flees from the enemy that has most ranks, not the one that did the most damage. So unless you wipe out and overrun, scare them with terror, or have carno on same facing as holding unit, it won't work. :(

9. ZaGreekie
    Chameleon Skink

ZaGreekie Active Member

This was in the last edition, in this edition it flees from who ever caused the most wounds (90% sure)

10. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

Nope, they flee from whoever has the most ranks in 8th edition. Check page 60 in the rulebook.

11. Munken17
    Jungle Swarm

Munken17 New Member

Great armylist - being new to warhammer, so sorry if i'm missing out on something.

I've used Armybuilder to generate the armylist, but i found that the Hero (Scar-Vet) is giving me trouble = 678p in an 2500p army = more than 25%? have i missed something?

screenshot:
    Screen%20Shot%202014-07-09%20at%201.39.09%20PM.png

12. Kblock
    Kroxigor

Kblock Active Member

At 2500 Pts, 25% is 625 pts. So, with your Scar Vet and Priests you are over the limit at 678 pts. You will have to take a look at the items your heroes have to bring down the points.

13. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

I get 622pts :)

14. Kcibrihp-Esurc
    Razordon

Kcibrihp-Esurc Well-Known Member

Oldblood
    Carnosaur
    Armour of Destiny(heavy armour 4+ ward)
    Sword of might(+1 str)
    Bloodroar

2 skink chiefs on steg
    One is my BSB

46 skinks
    Poisoned melee
    5 Krox

3 Bastiladons

1 unit of 6 & 1 unit of 5 cham skinks

1 stegadon

The soxigor unit is meant to take a charge while most of the rest of the army forms a very expensive hammer and the bastiladons increase everyone's Init it may only be 1 but that makes a usu. sloooooooooow army slightly faaaaaster
    while the cham skinks prevent people who do this: :droid: from doing this: :mad: this: :clown: this: :chicken: or most definitely this: :beaver:

discomute likes this.
  15. Kcibrihp-Esurc
    Razordon

So what do you think of my list :D

16. sillyduck123
    Saurus

sillyduck123 Member

Helpful to say the leased

17. Kcibrihp-Esurc
    Razordon

Hey ZaGreekie have you ever considered using jungle swarms to shield your Carnos?

Also they have plenty of wounds are unbreakable and give Mr Carno poisoned attacks
    5 wounds on toughness 2 are just as hard to get through as 5 wounds on toughness 5 when it comes to cannons also there are plenty of buffs which would help them and it saves Carnos from lots of this :beaver:

18. Kcibrihp-Esurc
    Razordon

also they can be used to displace 8 Saurus and with a life Slann can be extremely hard to kill and if in a temple guard unit with a Slann of death Okkams Mindrazor would be extremely useful as the Standard Bearer can have the standard of discipline strength ten anyone?

19. cashzombie
    Skink

cashzombie New Member

When the carnosaur comes to my mouth I have a strange feeling inside of me. The model is awesome, the rules are cool, and the old blood-scarvet bring some nasty magical options (OTS), but 4-5A with WS3 seem a bit weak for what we're paying.

Without frenzy, and against something random (WS3-6), we would make two impacts many times, that have to wound later.

Maybe I'm wrong, but seems to be weak from my point of view, maybe with PF at all (the first word related to the carnosaur in the book is predator...)

I would apreciate a lot something positive you can tell me about it's killing power, cause I really want to use in my torunament list.

20. Kcibrihp-Esurc
    Razordon

I was in a comp recently with a traditional Slann army and got tabled by a Dual-Carno list, only person who tabled me