1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fiction Character Origins: Anerhet and Harneni

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Kcibrihp-Esurc, May 13, 2015.

1. Kcibrihp-Esurc
    Razordon

Kcibrihp-Esurc Well-Known Member

In your face Bob!

Every Tomb King and Liche Priest knows of the plight of Nehekhara whilst under the rule or siege of Nagash, however, few know of the plight of those between those times under Lahmian rule, for while Nagash was defeated and had fled, most of the nobility in and around Lahmia had partaken of Nagash’s foul magic, becoming immortal, at a price.

They were the first Vampires, and their first goal was to purge all who suspected them, and the few nobles that had stayed true to their blood.

As his fellows fell around him, the young Lord Anerhet made his rise to power, assimilating the lands and titles of the Lords who fell to the Vampires with surprising political suave, while the political and militaristic machinations of this upstart Lord prevented the corrupted Lahmian nobility from assaulting him on the political stage, or assassinating him, the wards placed by his brother Harneni, prevented them from using long ranged magical attacks upon his wellbeing.

So slowly, and surely, they drew their plans against him.

The Lord Imhonse told Anerhet that Rehorpais, the strongest from amongst them was in fact a Vampire, encouraging Anerhet to confront him, the plan was that Anerhet would confront Rehorpais, and that he would challenge him for insulting his honour.

It didn’t go as planned, Anerhet had already suspected most of the Lords of being up to something, but this made it concrete. However, instead of accusing Rehorpais in court, he challenged Imhonse who had told him, for “Falsely accusing an honourable Lord of blasphemy, and that the only conceivable motive was if he himself was guilty and trying to shift attention onto Rehorpais in order to escape scrutiny”

Imhonse had not expected this move from Anerhet, but accepted the challenge to cover himself, after all, what could a mortal man do against the greater strength of a Vampire.

He found that a mortal man could do quite a lot against the greater strength of a Vampire, and, ashamed by his defeat, fled northeast, to lands that would one day become Cathay, but currently were primitive, other than a small nation, where his progeny wreak havoc, but that is a different story, and by the time Anerhet rises again, it has collapsed.

He, fortunately for the nobility of Lahmia, and unfortunately for the people of Nehekhara, dies young, and is entombed with honour.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2015
  2. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

So, you say I have egg on my face?
    Duh!

Most of the lords, some of the polar bears, anyone with a fictional beard and a craniotome, etc etc

WRT the background posted above:
    Paragraphs! Exposition! Potatoes! I weep with joy (or I would if I wasn't suddenly a stone troll).

And if you don't might another tiny little nag
    More, please?

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  3. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I agree with Bob (I'm spooked too).

This piece represents a strong evolution in your writing. Exposition, paragraphs, and a small cast I could wrap my head around without referencing your character guide. Like Bob says, more would not be amiss. Either more similar backgrounds for your other characters or (better still) a story or two to follow this set of characters further.

4. Kcibrihp-Esurc
    Razordon

I'm doing the Ardaris one, okay!?
    Also no ones commented on Strange Alliances D:

5. spawning of Bob
    Skar-Veteran

spawning of Bob Well-Known Member

Cool. Ardaris is the most mysterious of your characters.

6. Kcibrihp-Esurc
    Razordon

Well her piece is out, read it, if it pleases you.