1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Drim's Miniatures

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Drimon, Jun 8, 2015.

1. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Been trying to find a model/figure of a well made Stegosaurus for some time since I have been wanting to convert one for my army. One of my favorite dinos with it's badass tail.. but no luck however I ran into this other one of a Therizinosaurus which I think will work very well for a conversion so currently waiting for it to come home then I will see what I can do with it.

[​IMG]

2. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

So I got the Therizinosaurus figure today, started to assemble with some leftover bits while waiting for my skinks to arrive.
    At first look it was bigger than I expected but at the same time good size. Will place a spear throwing skink behind the head "shield".​

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Nun-pak, Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  3. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

one of the better Therizinosaurus models I've seen.

4. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

5. tom ndege
    Skar-Veteran

tom ndege Well-Known Member

Cool one! I really like it!

6. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Finished my conversion and got my big battlemat today so time for another setup photo!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

7. is4evrdead
    Cold One

is4evrdead Active Member

Therizinosaurus sooo...... edward scissorhands of the dinos got it also awsome

8. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

@Drimon looks really good setup

9. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Bowser, Crowsfoot and tom ndege like this.
  10. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Been a very.. VERY calm start of the week and I got a bunch of goblins + bitz from an local auction so been working with that. Here I will showcase my Greenskin army, I got more such as regular Orcs and some Savage Orcs but they dont belong to this group, atleast not for my D&D. Anyways, this is my so called "Moon Horde". I didn't have enough bases so had to use some round ones which you may notice and I used some Orc bitz for some goblins to make up some interesting encounters for my campaign.

As you can see in the first picture, six goblins with quite heavy weapons and big shields. Bitz from Black Orcs and thought it fit well, to give them a little.. "primate" feel, strong arms with strong hits but slow in heavy armor. Which will make a nice enemy. Then I ran out of regular shields so I used some Savage Orcs bitz for those three spear goblins you can see, to make them stand out and to use that serpent/fang symbols on their shields I thought they would make good for "venom spears". Which I wont spoil for the players heheh.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Had one long base lying around so placed three archers on it and gave them bows from Savage Orcs. Bigger bows so thought they would make good "snipers" with longbows because, to be fair those small goblin bows dont look that deadly. So this will add to the danger in my campaign in the players are not careful hah.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 30, 2015
    Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  11. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

12. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Newest additions to my glorious lizardmen army;

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bowser, Fhanados and Crowsfoot like this.
  13. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

My table at the moment after some D&D sessions, thought I could show it off. Been doing several "rock" formations which got some flat edges so I can put them together into corners and such. Quite happy about them, I just hoping to get some more foam so I can make some tall cliffs later on.

[​IMG]

LizardWizard, Bowser, n810 and 2 others like this.
  14. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

So, tried to make a stone giant with some left over foam bits, building it was not easy but turned out alright, the head/face was the hardest part in my opinion. Was expecting the hands to be hard but were oddly enough easy to do.. Have painted it with base paint, will do details later with some flock and some weapon bitz etc.

[​IMG]

And some setup with my latest terrain I made for my table:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Bowser and Crowsfoot like this.
  15. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

16. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Some of my latest Chaos conversions: I had two Bloodstokers so thought I could try something with one of them by giving him two swords instead and another head. On my Bloodsecrator, I simply removed the Khorne banner (Mercy!!) and gave him a chaos great sword. Will use the banner for a marker later on so it wont go to waste that is. And for my Chaos Lord I removed the Hell hound and gave him a large shield which were bitz from another Chaos lord as well as the spear. It turned out very nice imo and they will be some special characters in my D&D.

[​IMG]

Bowser, Hyperborean and Crowsfoot like this.
  17. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Received one classic Terradon rider that I won on an auction some days ago. Have been wanting to get the current ones but in my opinion they are a bit costly so meanwhile I found this. Other than this one, I'm waiting to receive Throgg which I won almost two weeks ago, just the seller had troubles sending it so hope to get it tomorrow or early next week. I'm also waiting for a Chaos Chariot I won, have been wanting one for a while, mainly because of the Gorebeast haha. On another note, I'm heading to the UK in 10 days for a week, once I return home in Sweden I'm planning on buying a Lizardmen Fantasy Football team which I'm going to convert into my army which I'm looking forward to alot and I hope to surprise you with that for Christmas or New Year!

[​IMG]

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  18. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Finished these off early today, as said in the other post, I mainly looked forward to put together the Gorebeast but the Chariot turned out well as well as the "Lord/Champion". I had no base for the Gorebeast so I made use of.. that's right, a lid from a pringle tube hehe. It worked perfectly and was quite surprised that my paint worked on it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 5, 2015
    Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  19. Bowser
    Slann

Bowser Third Spawning

Both armies look great! Those colossus krox look really great! That shade of red really is a good look for them!

Drimon likes this.
  20. Drimon
    Kroxigor

Drimon Well-Known Member

Thanks! I might take a picture of all my Chaos forces once I get Throgg ready. :)

Bowser likes this.