1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Faction Focus is Up!

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Xlanax_lot, May 29, 2018.

1. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

@Crowsfoot can you like the other thread here? I have no clue how to do it lmao.

2. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

I've added a link to the first post but I think the threads should be separate as this thread is purely about the Seraphon changes were as the other thread is about AOS 2

Wazz and Koriialstraz like this.
  3. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Looks interesting for sure, I'll be looking forwarding to seeing how this plays out.

4. Tizianolol
    Temple Guard

Tizianolol Active Member

I think a good thing can be summon rippers..i think you can put a new toad too. Its good for a shodow strike list:)

Wazz likes this.
  5. Crowsfoot
    Slann

The summoned rippers would not be in the batallion but yes summoning rippers will defo keep your opponent on their toes.

Wazz likes this.
  6. Killer Angel
    Slann

Killer Angel Prophet of the Stars Staff Member

It's a terrible mechanic.
    To have a sufficient number of summoning points you must bring to the table a Big caster (a Slann or Kroak) and have it forego casting, and must take an astrolith bearer, that will not use one of its main ability (to buff casting).

Our summoning will mainly be a side utility, like to summon for free 3 units of skinks during a game for screening, objectives and battlefield control. Nice but far from solid.

Nefertem, Wazz and Crowsfoot like this.
  7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

The Astrolith bearer can still do his thing he just has to be on the table to generate D3 no restrictions on him.

Wazz likes this.
  8. Killer Angel
    Slann

Yes, but the bearer gives +1 to casting and increase the range of spells.
    If i forego casting, those abilities are wasted, i would use only the re-roll for combat. ;)

Wazz and Crowsfoot like this.
  9. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Ahh yes sorry your right, but only if you forego all casting.

Wazz likes this.
  10. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

It can be pretty solid since most objectives go to whomever has the most models there, having 10 skinks charge some guys on an objective that's tied can swing a game. Very situational I know but still lol.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  11. Killer Angel
    Slann

Sure, in the end it's nice, but it's just an helpful ability, nothing game changing (at least for us)

Nefertem and Wazz like this.
  12. Wazz
    Troglodon

Wazz Well-Known Member

I agree it's not game changing but it will be helpful for sure. It's like that onescrewdriver you have that you used once or twice but it was a lifesaver lol

Seraphage and Crowsfoot like this.
  13. Nefertem
    Temple Guard

Nefertem Well-Known Member

One should also consider, that, besides all the fancy now-to-come spells: you won't cast them, as you're foregoing it to collect the summoning points. The great rememberer trait is pretty useless. Why would you take more spells you won't cast. If course it adds flexibility to react to certain threats, but that's not worth the points spent. They could also reduce the max spells of the slann and auto generate summoning points. I just want to stress my concerns that our faction, being heavily dependent on spells/synergies, now has to make a tough choice. One of our main strengths is being considerably nerfed.

Wazz likes this.
  14. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

Personally, i think this is all moot until we see points and warscroll changes. Until then, we have only part of the equation.
    Meaning we could have slight point increases to make summoning more valuable, but also making us more reliant on it as a tool box, while decreses would make it icing on an already heavy cake.

Warsc changes would completely change the dynamic of it, especially if the Slann gets touched. Also worth mentioning is allegiancw abilities and the like might see changes in the 2018 GHB.

Seraphage, Crowsfoot, Wazz and 2 others like this.
  15. Hu3pfka3s3
    Saurus

Hu3pfka3s3 Member

I think its pretty awesome as i dont understand why everyone here is talking like the Slann would forego all his 3 spells just to get 9 Summoning Points. What if he just forego the, now, useless mysthic shield so he gets 3 points. With The Great Remember he is still be able to cast 2 pretty strong other spells. Still a chance to get up to 7 points in one turn if you just forego 1 little spell. That is 10 Skinks a turn which i think is pretty nice and solid for one spell, if he now forego 3 spells, and we use our little skinks to cast that would be up to 13 points. Thats just so cool!

Wazz, Seraphage and PabloTho like this.
  16. Xlanax_lot
    Troglodon

Xlanax_lot Well-Known Member

hhahahaha I think you are going to the extremes. I for one Imagine a list like this:

Take thunderquake with a slann cast two spells per turn, and save one spell for summoning (this is not that bad considering mistic shield and arcane bolt are not very good at the moment) than if I want predatory spells I would cast those through starseers as they are less important and those spells are dangerous to the caster "GW words".

By doing this I will have on average 24 point to spend turn 3 from all we know it could be a unit of 6 terradons or maybe a monster for free and you are not wasting your casting either. I like it

ChubbSkink, Wazz, Seraphage and 2 others like this.
  17. Carnikang
    Carnasaur

Carnikang Well-Known Member

Useless is a harsh word. Its still useful, especially on temple guard by a hero, on the bastilidon, and on things without a native immunity to -1 rend. If they change any of our savs to be better, it just makes it that much more useful.

@Xlanax_lot I did make a list using the thunderquake (eog and two solardons) sofar, with some support skinks, and an astrolith bearer. Battleline is 30 skinks in units of 10. It looks fairly fun, and if the peices we have been given are the biggest changes, and can see it being threatening.

Just hoping we see some changes to the sauras side.

Crowsfoot and Xlanax_lot like this.
  18. pbenner
    Skink

pbenner New Member

I was looking at a similar list idea myself for getting started. Seemed like a lot of fun. Would be interested in what you're doing with it and at how many points. Granted, may change in new edition, but we'll see what happens.

Paul

Crowsfoot and Carnikang like this.
  19. Lizko
    Skink

Lizko Member

Is nobody else concerned that our new summoning mechanic might actually be an allegiance ability replacement to the current Lords of space and time?

I've loved playing with that ability, so I'm a tad bit conerned it might be going away.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  20. Mormblwka
    Saurus

Mormblwka Member

So far they have never retrieved core allegiance mechanics. Only exceptions were legions of nagash, i think. Furthermore, they haven't stated the replacement of those abilities and legions of nagash have multiple abilities available to them.