1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Don't have enough monsters? Or just want to show off your painting skills. Why not try entering the Monster Mash! - Click here for more info.
    Dismiss Notice

8th Ed. Flying - Ethereal Slann?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Karnus, Apr 1, 2018.

1. Karnus
    Saurus

Karnus Member

Played it today against an empire army and it worked really really well. The Slann was able to avoid getting charged (until the very end) and could zip around buffing and magic missileing where applicable.

Although as luck would have it, the 2x skink priests I included both miscast on 2 dice and 3 dice respectively each in the same round killing at least 4 temple Guard each which seemed to land me in the same boat as before!

But even then, the only artillery my opponent fielded was a steam tank which chipped away at saurus warriors the whole game. My downfall was his deathball of 20+ knights that I couldn’t scratch. Swapped out spells for metal but they did nothing. Best casualties they suffered were from standing in a boiling river. No idea how to deal with them!

2. Gary_M
    Kroxigor

Gary_M Active Member

No worries.
    I assumed you'd meant that it had to be a 'normal' slann (so a giant spell casting toad is normal?) but thought it best to clarify in case another reader tried to add an ethereal to a unit.
    All good.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  3. Karnus
    Saurus

Karnus Member

I have just had a though - would giving the slann magic resist give him a 2+ against magical attacks? and would this count for skaven artillery for example?

4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

Unfortunately that won't work. Magic resistance only works against magic spells. It has no effect agaisnt magical attacks (otherwise it would be an auto-win against a Daemons of Chaos army).

upload_2018-5-1_10-42-16.png

5. Karnus
    Saurus

Karnus Member

Dang.

6. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

I recall someone did a flying carpet Slann to some measure of success in the past.