1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KoW Ghekkotah list good?

Discussion in 'Salamanders Army Lists' started by Negator, Jan 20, 2017.

1. Negator
    Saurus

Negator Member

I really, really want to like ghekkotah. They seem to all be about 5-10% high in price or short something nifty like stealth, pathfinder, or nimble.

In any case, i think that their 6 speed can still be used to engineer flanks and power turns that circumvent their low staying power.

This is what i've been toying with:

2x Ghekkotah warrior hordes
    3x Ghekkotah warrior troops
    2x Kaisenor Lancer regiments
    2x Lycan Hordes
    3x Lekelidons
    Herald w/diadem
    2x Ghekkotah Skylords

15 drops with 95 points for other items or minor upgrades (or swap a lancer regiment and warrior troops for ancients on rhinos) (OR a third skylord)

It's fast with many strong flanking threats and loads of chaff, but lacks a hard center. It'll have to stall long enough to orchestrate an alpha strike before the warrior hordes break. Ideally, even if the hordes break I'll have enough threats on hand to follow up with a rear or flank on whatever destroyed them.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2017
    Crowsfoot and Itepixcauh like this.
  2. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

Itepixcauh Stranded Ghekkotah Staff Member

Actually that is a good list, it has plenty of chaff, some really fast and heavy hitting flankers and really good cavalry, specially with the new rules for the Lancers.

I like it

Only possible change would be if you feel like you need an extra punch is changing both Skylords for a Lord on flying drake, but test that one first.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  3. Negator
    Saurus

Negator Member

Thinking back to my last tournament, where every game i was able to take advantage of woods near an objective, i think i might swap a horde for a prime horde. Could even put brew of strength to make it s real threat, but that means no magic items on the lords or lancers....

4. Negator
    Saurus

Negator Member

welp, looks like im 100 points over. No wonder it look competitive...

5. Negator
    Saurus

Negator Member

Awesome.

Im not sure a drake would have more hitting power when you consider its easier to score a flank with 2 units instead of one. Also considering blade of the beast slayer on one of the lords