1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. How to use the EOTG?

Discussion in 'Lizardmen & Saurian Ancients Tactics' started by Kai-Tli, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Kai-Tli
    Skink

Kai-Tli New Member

Yes as the title says, how do you use a EOTG? (Deployment,Tactics)
    Thanks for your attention and greetings,
    Kai-Tli

2. MOMUS
    Cold One

MOMUS New Member

Normally as support with the shield power. The when my main blocks charge it moves to the flank and uses the burning D6 hits power (as it can hit units in combat), then i get a flank charge with it and the burning power again (along with impact hits, attacks and stomps).
    A slann on life nearby can lifebloom him back up if he gets unlucky.

Worth noting if you are taking a steg or two its worth taking some warmachine hunters, LM have some of the best.

3. Kai-Tli
    Skink

Kai-Tli New Member

Thanks, in my local Gw the most people play with Doomdivers/Cannons/Organ guns, so my normal lists normally already contain some warmachine hunters.

4. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

If you get the first turn, you can activate the 5+ward save vs ranged shooting (that originates from greater than 12 inches).

5. Ejpok
    Temple Guard

Ejpok New Member

Or you Can make a Rambo Type with Dawnstone and The other tricksters shard/Plaque of tepok, And Steed of Shadow it behind enemy lines:) (For house gaming Only:)

6. Vallek
    Cold One

Vallek Member

I have heard of people dropping iron curse icon on the skink priest with some success. 6+ ward save against warmachines isn't gonna make the big bad cannon balls go away.. but 5 points for a 1 in 6 chance to not explode if your opponent goes first is worth it.

In addition, I've also heard of people deploying the EotG facing sideways. Since the base is much longer than it is wide you reduce the striking area of cannon balls on the first turn then, as a monster, can freely pivot back to facing forward on your turn. Again, not a surefire way to avoid getting hit, but just gives your opponent about half the potential striking area for his/her cannon balls to aim for.

7. MOMUS
    Cold One

MOMUS New Member

Alot of players do that with all large monster types. It also adds movement.

8. Daneish
    Cold One

Daneish New Member

Simple, use shield if they have killy stuff, if not then make life easier for slann. When in combat burn away, burn away.

9. Arli
    Skink Priest

Arli Moderator Staff Member

You know, I have never used the EOTG to make casting easier. I have almost always used the 5+ ward until I get close enough to burn something.

10. Moniker
    Kroxigor

Moniker Member

I play VC frequently. They don't have shooting, so I often boost my casting.