1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

KoW Itepixcauh Army Blog

Discussion in 'Salamanders Army Lists' started by Itepixcauh, Jan 5, 2017.

1. BAE
    Razordon

BAE Well-Known Member

That's actually a fantastic idea. By printing them you can make pretty much a perfect cube, so you're starting with the perfect shape. File the edges ever so slightly to allow them to roll a tiny bit and you've got near-perfectly random dice!

Crowsfoot, Bowser and Itepixcauh like this.
  2. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

Itepixcauh Stranded Ghekkotah Staff Member

Also you've got to love the Bling factor. Posh dice!

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Do it and then when you have perfected it maybe make us all some. :D

Itepixcauh likes this.
  4. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

Well being that my everyday job I think there is no perfectioning needed just finding the time to do it. Hope I can have them finished in a couple of weeks, we'll see.

Crowsfoot likes this.
  5. BAE
    Razordon

BAE Well-Known Member

Depending on the price I might genuinely be interested...!

Captaniser and Crowsfoot like this.
  6. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

Leaving the dice aside for the moment I will like to review my army. I played yesterday against Brotherhood, will write the battle report soon but first a couple of notes about the units:
    • Ancients on Rhinosaurs: Absolute Brutal and overwhelming unit. So devastating and scary to the enemy, I'm in love. My opponent is a great player he tabled me using elves the first time we played and he didn't knew how to deal with them. Brilliant!
    • Kaisenor Lancers: This is surely one of the best units we have, I even forgot to use Vicious on the later combats and they still were great. They were equipped with the Brew of Haste, not sure if I will change it to Pathfinder though.
    • Nimble Elementals: Each game I play I'm even more sure this is the perfect combination. Securing Flank Charges every turn is amazing even if your dice hate you. Can't wait for the new ones...
    • Lekelidon: Once again he had to be sacrificed due to the grater range my enemy had, he shot once and didn't hit a single time, hate my dices sometimes. Still I'm confident he is here to stay, fast and useful chaff. Perfect.
    As I've said a new batrep is coming very soon!

7. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

Can't wait, I love you batreps.

Bowser and Itepixcauh like this.
  8. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

BAE likes this.
  9. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

After the great success with the last game, I'm already building towards the next game, this time I'm fighting against the King of Cheese, the top player of our league and still unbeaten. He plays Elves and we will be playing PUSH.

I'm debating between two lists, there is a mistake in both lists actually as the lancers will be having either the Pipes of terror or the Helm of the Ram for some extra punch:

List A, is the same I took the last time with the Ancients on Rhinosaurs.

[​IMG]

List B, is done with a plan in mind, using the Ankylodon to hold all the tokens while protecting him with a bubble of units and just push forwards to the enemy half and keeping him alive (something that he does really well, specially with the healing Herald)

[​IMG]

I know he used to field a Horde of Archers with all the usual cheese on top of it (+1 to hit and mage with BC) but with CoK changes I doubt he uses that combo any more, probably Piercing? He also uses some Drakons of course and a treeherder. Don't know how much of that has survived the CoK but I know he runs a really hard list, as I've said he is undefeated and it's the job of my Salamanders to break that winning streak.

Also as I'm sitting currently on second/thrid place (depends on the results of this round) if I win I will probably be the new King of the Cheese!

Thanks in advance!

Qupakoco, Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  10. firebrand
    Jungle Swarm

firebrand New Member

is blood of the old king the rallying 1 item?, I prefer the first list because I'm in love with my rhinosaurs

Itepixcauh likes this.
  11. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

No its the item that gives Elite and Vicious for one turn.

I'm also inclined to use list number one. I'm also thinking on including the Banner of the Griffin (rallying 1) in there somehow.

Crowsfoot and Bowser like this.
  12. firebrand
    Jungle Swarm

firebrand New Member

for list 2 I would either give lancers blessing of the gods and the fe what the lancers had or more preferably give lancers haste instead of what it has

13. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

NEW BATTLE REPORT IS UP!

check it out HERE

14. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

CONCLUSIONS

My army performed well, me on the other hand was a mess. Specially deploying, my god I'm crap at that, while my opponent for the most part did awesome.

Also not making sure the Lancers were out of the charge range of the Dancers was stupid beyond believe. The rest of the moves I'm really happy with, you just can't fight against good dice sometimes, but correcting my initial deployment mistakes almost cost me the game and won just by seer luck, or bad luck of my opponent with two nerve rolls..

I'm in love with Lekelidons, they are a true menace if they can roam free on the field and actually not as easy to kill as many think.

Nimble FE will be a staple on the list for ever, AMAZING

The Blood of the Old King on the other hand always disappoints me on the FE, they will have the Brew of Haste next time, as I think I need more speed and will put the BotOK on the Rhinos, that I think will be a truly devastating combination.

Captaniser, Bowser and BAE like this.
  15. BAE
    Razordon

BAE Well-Known Member

I was stuck between BotOK and Maccwars for the AoRs... I really want BotOK, but I'm concerned that with numbers of terrain items generally increasing in the tournament scene I would struggle to get their full power.

16. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

I'm also debating myself on those two items, the fear of needing Pathfinder and not having it is really big, on the other hand you can usually find lanes to use. In the end I've decided to give Pathfinder to my Lancers, they need it more than the Ancients actually and it fits my theme better as I'm using Skinks as my Lancers.

I think that Ancients even hindered they can deliver quite some pain, hindered Lancers are just an expensive paperweight.

Crowsfoot, Captaniser and Bowser like this.
  17. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

Well guys I'm really excited and happy today, so happy I have to shout it out to the world!

WE ARE GOING TO DO 2000 POINTS!!!

Turns out my constant whining has given its fruits and the next league will be 2000 points. I get to play with the big boys!

18. BAE
    Razordon

BAE Well-Known Member

Haha nice one!! 2000pts is much, much better. Welcome to the big league!

Crowsfoot, Captaniser and Itepixcauh like this.
  19. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

I've been out for a long time but I decided to finish the Battle reports for the past league so I can put an ending to the story.

New Battle report is HERE

Enjoy!!

Crowsfoot and Captaniser like this.
  20. Itepixcauh
    Carnasaur

New Battle report and an ending to the past league, hope you like it.

Read it HERE

Captaniser likes this.