1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discussion Let's Talk Spawning Pools

Discussion in 'Fluff and Stories' started by Tlac'Natai the Observer, Sep 21, 2015.

1. Tlac'Natai the Observer
    Cold One

Tlac'Natai the Observer Active Member

I haven't had any luck finding specific info on how Spawning Pools work. I have a few ideas of how they might work, but is there anything official? Generally accepted?

1. my first guess is that they were set up by the Old Ones to fire off a spawning at regular intervals. This comes with a subset of guesses on how THIS works.
    a. regular intervals
    b. planned timing? (like they predicted when they need X amount of troops)
    c. certain weather conditions?

2. are they triggered by the slann or maybe even priests? can dormant pools be reactivated? can tainted pools be cleansed?

3. I hope it's not completely random...

If there is no official canon, let me know what you guys think. or maybe there is an old forum I'm overlooking.

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Sadly, the Schedule of the Spawning pools was only know by the Old Ones. :meh:

But, it was been observed to have spawned troops when they are most needed.
    and sometimes then predicted by the prophesies of the Old ones that the Lizardmen yet retain.

Ps.
    I suspect that the Old Ones developed something like "psychohistory"* from the foundation series.
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Foundation_series

Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  3. Tlac'Natai the Observer
    Cold One

Tlac'Natai the Observer Active Member

Very interesting, sounds kind of like what the insurance agencies do when they underwrite a policy. I always thought the answer was something like this, but the added psychohistory theory gives this the flavor I was looking for! I think this sounds plausible enough.

I was really hoping the option was open for the First to migrate/settle new areas. I guess the seemingly random spawning's lends some hope to be had, but I wanted options.

Now, I have another question that might be pushing the bounds of the Old Ones plans. What do you think about transporting the stones and water of a spawning pool to be reconstructed elsewhere? Would this be considered blasphemous? or a clutch decision.

4. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

In the Age of Sigmar, I believe it was discovered that the spawning pools where part of the temples,
    that in turn where found to actually be spaceships. :eek:
    (I became rather obvious when they took off.)

Gogery likes this.
  5. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I think the Slann are conservative enough that they wouldn't risk trying to move a pool. Maybe it would work. Maybe it would cost them a spawning pool forever. It'd be a lot less work and the same effect if they just moved adult Lizardmen to occupy whatever new area they wanted. They could even split the burden from several different Temple Cities.

Of course if you really wanted a spawning pool moved, you could always said the Slann were told to do on a golden plaque OR a Slann thought they were told to do so on a golden plaque.

Gogery likes this.