1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My Lizardmen

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Centurion, Dec 28, 2013.

1. Centurion
    Skink

Centurion New Member

Hi all

I got these Skinks back in October, finally got round to painting the first batch of them. The pics make them look a bit greener than they actually are. The army will be kind of desert themed. Not quite up to date on all the fluff yet but I'm leaning towards saying they are a Southlands army. Let me know what you think.

fvj5.jpg
    2zie.jpg
    nhns.jpg

Warden likes this.
  2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Re: My first Lizardmen

Not bad. :)

3. Kugelfang
    Saurus

Kugelfang Member

I like the coloring and you did a good job with some highlighting. I might suggest a detail on the shields since they have that one big open scale right in the middle. Perhaps do a highlight on the forward side of all the scales on the shields or something.

Looks great though!

4. Centurion
    Skink

Centurion New Member

I've been thinking of some sort of marking to put on them to mark different units, so something on the shield might be a good way to go for that. Some kind of glyph or symbol perhaps?

5. Axolotyl
    Temple Guard

Axolotyl New Member

My army runs yellow war paint on the saurus, and I feel that it should be painted on by skink priests and chiefs, so what I e done on the shields of m braves as a sign of favour is paint on yellow hand prints into he centre of he shields.

Glyphs work, or you could try studs, feathers, lucky charms (not the cereal) or little fetishes and idols dependant on how complicated you to go!

6. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

Not too bad, my friend!
    As far as markings go, I've been using green on the crests for core saurus (and skinks), and red on the crests of my special unit saurus (should be some pictures in a link from my signature if you're not sure what I mean)
    Looking forward to seeing more!!!

7. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

I like the look. If you went for a real world lizard-feel, you succeeded. Did you use a thin paint brush for the eye pupils or a marker?

8. Centurion
    Skink

Centurion New Member

Thanks, I wanted to go for a more realistic look for this army, and yeah, I used a paint brush for the eyes, some are more succesful than others!

I've now got 24 of them up to this standard. Next is temple guard!

9. Centurion
    Skink

Centurion New Member

Temple Guard!

These guys have been painted for a little while, but just got round to taking photos. Hope you like them.

xgqa.jpg

r0d7.jpg

And a group shot...

rb35.jpg

Warden likes this.
  10. NexS1
    Carnasaur

NexS1 Well-Known Member

These look nice! The lighting is much better and the skinks look far more impressive under this light.
    One thing i'm not sure about is the totem being the same colour as the saurus skintone - it almost prevent either the skin, or the totem from ;popping'. But it's only minor. Nice, neat paintjob on these guys

11. Centurion
    Skink

Centurion New Member

@NexS1: The skin and the totem are a little different - it looks worse in the pictures than in the flesh.

So it's been nearly a year since I started this army, and I've still not had a game with it yet, but I have finally painted a core of about 1500 points worth. So... pictures (a little better than previous ones I think)!

wYwDc5.png
    The whole force (so far...)

WR39hn.png
    Temple Guard unit has been expanded.

aTjbPg.png
    Skinks as a cohort - note the classic metal command models - I love this Brave model!

A6GCgf.png
    Skirmishers with a Priest, again a classic metal mini. Best hat in the army.

75Gc5H.png
    Another shot of the priest.

2d8Mfd.png
    Saurus Warriors

cpAk7z.png
    Another of the Saurus command

VjU8sH.png
    Cold One riders. I green-stuffed feathers onto those ugly lizards in an effort to improve them and because I watched some TV programs about dinosaurs.

v3lKdW.png
    Another shot of the Cold Ones, better view of their feathery proto-wings.

HD6lpS.png
    Scar Vet with Great Weapon

3LZnRB.png
    The two converted cowboys (maybe more chicken boys?)

YBYukP.png
    Oldblood with non-specific magic weapon.

So that's all my current lizardmen models painted up. I was thinking of asking for advice for the next purchases, but quite frankly I will ignore that advice if it isn't 'Dinosaurs'. Anyway, hope you like them!

Warden likes this.
  12. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Looks great man, and I love all the conversions. :D