1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help Not so new to this. ;b

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by HeirofCarnage, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Ritual
    Skar-Veteran

Ritual Well-Known Member

Go wild with your wash. Super heavy around the scales. Then give it a little dry brush with the original colour once dry.

HeirofCarnage likes this.
  2. HeirofCarnage
    Terradon

HeirofCarnage Well-Known Member

Well I did the hardcore brown wash like y'all suggested, and started drybrushing the green back on. But I decided I actually prefer it without the green drybrush. So I rewashed it with brown and left it that way. All I have left is to do touch up on parts, attach the shield arm, paint the feather on the spear arm (how do I do that?) And put it on a base. That's the hardest part.

I need to buy pva glue, and I am torn between using sand or tea leaves. I think I might use both, using the sand first, and then putting down the tea leaves sparsely to look like the forest floor on a jungle beach.

I'll get pics up after lunch. If y'all could give me tips on how to paint the feather it'd be nice. :oops:

~Acolyte Carnage

Aginor and Crowsfoot like this.
  3. Crowsfoot
    Slann

Crowsfoot Guardian of Paints Staff Member

With the feathers make sure you have a white primer or base coat then you can either apply washes or paint in your desired colour, highlight the spine and add fine lines.

HeirofCarnage and tom ndege like this.
  4. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Yep, definitely white as a starting point for feathers. that makes the colors brilliant.

HeirofCarnage and Crowsfoot like this.