1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

8th Ed. Razordons....

Discussion in 'Rules Help' started by Gary_M, Mar 25, 2017.

1. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

I've just posted a list I'm going to use next week, but have a question on razordons.

I'm using three in one unit (as opposed to three individually) and wondered about the rolls for shots.

Do I roll one dice for the unit, or three dice as there are three models in the unit?

Thanks.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  2. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I've always rolled one die for each razordon in the unit, so in your example I would roll 3 dice. I'm not sure if that is the correct interpretation of the rules, but it is by far the most prevalent one I've seen.

Gary_M likes this.
  3. Gary_M
    Razordon

Gary_M Well-Known Member

Thanks. Fitted with my thinking too. Wanted to be sure though.

NIGHTBRINGER likes this.
  4. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

I've taken a quick look through the Razordon rules in the Lizardmen book and I am certain now that this is the correct way of playing it.

On page 47, under the rules for "Instinctive Defence", it reads:

"If charged, a Razordon Hunting Pack must Stand and Shoot if it is able to do so. However, when calculating the number of shots fired, each Razordon can re-roll the artillery dice."

The only way each Razordon can re-roll the artillery dice is if you are rolling separate die for each one. I think that provides conclusive evidence on how to manage shooting with them.

As side note, in the case of a Stand and Shoot, the rules state that the Razordon can make a re-roll (so you can choose which ones to re-roll and which ones not to). This only applies to a Stand and Shoot scenario, however it might be useful none the less.

Hope that helps

:cool:

Gary_M and Qupakoco like this.