1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scum and Villainy, Episode VII: The Assassin Awakens - Signup/OOC

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl, May 18, 2018.

1. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl Eleventh Spawning

Greetings one and all!

As many of you probably know, I’ve been trawling around the ancient, long-lost threads of this forum of late, and now I’ve thought of bringing back a relic from lost times to share with you all. Now gather round everyone, and I’ll tell you all a little story.

A long time ago, in a forum not very far away...

...There was a forumite who called himself Strewart. Once the life and soul of the party, Strewart was always game for a laugh and a bit of fun. Indeed, during his time on the forum, Strewart devised an RP game called ‘Scum and Villainy’ which was based on a murder mystery sort of thing. The regulars of the day staged many iterations of this game, at least 6 known versions in total. Before the Dark Times, before the fall of Warhammer Fantasy and the temporary abandonment of the forum. Every last one of these members simply vanished from public view, and all that was left of them was dust. Dust, and their old Scum and Villainy threads. That is, until now, as I have decided to resurrect the game on this forum for the Next Generation to enjoy! Everyone is welcome!

This thread is for everyone to sign up. To sign up, simply reply to this post, and state the name and a bit of background for your character by the 8th of June 2018 (because that’s when my exams are over if you want to know - only then will I be able to do something lengthy story posting). For this episode we are returning to the simple setting of a castle. Every one of you is a medieval nobleman or lady who has arrived at the castle to participate in negotiations concerning a matter of great diplomatic importance. However, there is a traitor amongst you!

One of you will be an assassin who is out to ‘kill’ every single one of the others so that the negotiations fail. I will choose the assassin at random and the individual will be notified by a PM sent by yours truly just after the deadline for signup. The assassin is the only person who is allowed to post on the game thread at night, as that will be the time when they strike! The assassin will attempt to ‘kill’ one character each night by PMming me on who they plan to slay. The next day, I will reveal who has copped it in the main thread, and the player of that character is cast out of the game - they may reply in this thread to say goodbye but that’s it for them in this game. The remaining characters may each vote on who they think the assassin is by posting their username as a reply to this thread. You don’t have to do this - there may not yet be enough evidence yet to indicate who the assassin will be. I will tot up the votes if there are any, and the unfortunate character who gets the most votes will be ‘executed’ by the lord of the castle, i.e. me. The player of the executed character will be then out of the game and will also have to say goodbye for now.

However, only time will tell in whether the executed character was innocent or guilty. If everything goes quiet, it is evident that they were the assassin - all the surviving characters will be free to complete the negotiations and whoever is playing those characters all win together. If there are more murders, the executed character was innocent and the assassin lives to kill another night! If the assassin kills all the characters, the player of the assassin is victorious, and rides off into the sunset knowing that he has well and truly scuppered the negotiations!

Here’s Strewart’s original rules post in case I’ve missed anything out (I’m keeping it to one assassin for this first reboot game):
    So without further ado, please ask any questions you like, and if you want to play, please reply to this thread with the name and background for your character.

Let the games begin!

Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    n810 and Paradoxical Pacifism like this.
  2. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

DeathBringer125 Well-Known Member

My character is Count Driden Defleur. He is about 6’1ft tall and has black hair with light blue eyes. He wears a very fancy suit like outfit and has a cane tipped with a golden viper head. He is a loner and tends to sit by the fire reading a book. (I think I covered everything let me know if I didn’t).
    EDIT: (I’m adding some details). Count Driden Defleur rules a small island nation called Duskhallow. The nation is a very gothic style medieval island nation where storms are frequent. The island consists of one city with a few surrounding towns. The city is built up into a mountain to overlook the surrounding area. (I will post some pics of what it looks like.)

3. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Great! We have our first character!

Just for reference, the lord of the castle (my character) is an eloquent, diplomatic man named Aldradoc Ravensden. He is 5 foot ten with fair hair, a long drooping moustache and an imperious face. He has a wife, Hanath, and a young son, Barrivendos. He prefers to wear clothes that are comfortable and finely-made but by no means luxurious or extravagant. He is a calm, dutiful traditionalist who is paranoid about the safety of his family and home, and is also a skilled duellist with a sword when he needs to be. He rules all of the surrounding land as far as the western coast, bounded to the north and east by a mountain range and to the south by a river, and has called the rulers of all the other kingdoms to his fortress to discuss peace and trade agreements.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  4. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

42A54FAB-F33B-43D2-8335-A0C8C6B32CDF.png 7AF61CE8-644D-4D08-8AB9-D4A88C88B77F.png 39DE31D3-6D98-4101-BD3B-89985F30ADA6.png These are what the nation kinda looks like. I know it’s creepy lol don’t judge me.

5. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Interesting idea, but I had more of a traditional medieval theme in mind.

Again, if this particular RP takes off, we could do another in a more Steampunk-type setting, especially as I'm getting more into that setting.

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  6. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

My thought is that my character is from a distant province. By gothic I mean in architecture. Also that doesn’t mean everything is gothic lol.

Paradoxical Pacifism likes this.
  7. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

Adelina Ewald

Hailing from a far northern sea port city, Adelina is an extravagant and posh queen. She expects only the best of the best from people that surround her, be it attire, manners, and intelligence.
    Being the queen of a city port, she prizes diplomatic relations – especially those that involve trade. War and violence disturbs her as much as spilt tea on an expensive gown, and as such, she earnestly condemns militaristic focuses.

My character so far :p

8. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

Also do you talk in char during the day? Are there clues? For example would I type (I approach Adelina slowly. Once I reach her I say “I may have found a clue as to who did it”. I then hold up a dagger with a faint trace of blood.). Lol how does it work

9. Paradoxical Pacifism
    Skink Chief

Paradoxical Pacifism Well-Known Member

She probably wouldn't like that sudden intrusion :D lol

10. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

I plan to flesh out my char some more. I will send a long thing at some point and will have all his details as well as modifications lol. I keep thinking up even cooler stuff lol. Also Duskhallow is a gothic theme meaning architecture and the general theme. Also in those pictures obviously there wouldn’t be the street lamps lol those are just som reference. I will post my chars full details a bit later today.

11. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I will declare when it is daytime and when it is nighttime in our story world. All the characters are able to converse during the day, while the assassin is the only one who is allowed to operate at night. In terms of clues, I will be describing much of the narrative as the host (along with my character’s speeches), so I will be able to dictate the flow of the story myself. If the heroes are really having trouble, a clue may well be discovered, whereas if they are already finding it easy, external events may take their toll. I intend to try and provide as exciting a story as possible at any rate.

In terms of interacting with the characters, you can type ignorance in 3rd person or 1st person, the choice is up to you.

12. NIGHTBRINGER
    Slann

NIGHTBRINGER Second Spawning

13. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

I may prefer the Prequels to the Originals, but I still thought Sir Alec Guinness’ performance of Obi-Wan was the best across the OT. He really captures the dry wit of an old Jedi well.

Vosrik, LizardWizard and NIGHTBRINGER like this.
  14. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

LizardWizard Grand Skink Handler Staff Member

"It is my great pleasure to introduce myself. Perhaps you may have heard of me before, I am Echard Schur, Third Son of Berthold Schur."
    -
    Spoken by Echard Schur at his own hearing after being asked to state his name for the record regarding a very lewd and very public act.

Echard Schur is the third son of Berthold Schur. He is nearing his late 30's and his only accomplishments are brothel rumors (not ones he would be proud of) and a litany of poorly gambled inheritance he has yet to actually inherit. He is dressed expensively, if not tidy. As stated by himself, he is 5'11". In actuality he is closer to 5'8". Well, 5'6" if standing barefoot. While his physical stature may be left striving for loftier ambitions, he is never the less no small man. He is barrel chested and both thick of neck and arm. He smells of the dark-brown roots which he often chews. Leaving him imparted with a sweetly-sour aroma of his chew roots, perfume, and the tragic infrequency of his personal hygiene. His one attractive feature is his strong jaw, which is adorned by a ill groomed, albeit glorious, set of peppery muttonchops. Sadly, the follicular vanity of his face is only contrast to his greased, overly long, and thinning hair.

What Echard lacks in physical charms he certainly makes up for in eloquent and persuasive speech. Though an unskilled gambler he is a remarkable gossip monger. Ever a diligent schemer, Echard has a long list of enemies in his home city. While his scams frequently pay out in the short term it is only the begrudging recompense that his father doles out that has thus far kept his shoulders free of the city square's stocks.

So why would the Venerable Berthold Schur send his, lets be honest, worst son to this most auspicious dignitary gathering? Well, for three very good reason. Firstly Berthold is not fond of Aldradoc Ravensden. Something about tax disputes on sheep's wool. Secondly, Echard just sullied the good name of the daughter of a local and prominent shipping merchant. And thirdly, and of greatest baring, he is honestly exhausted by the presence of Echard and simply wanted him to ruin someone else's life for a change.

Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  15. Lord Agragax of Lunaxoatl
    Slann

Excellent - we now have 3 dignitaries!

Another one or two more and we’ll have enough characters for the RP!

:joyful:

16. DeathBringer125
    Carnasaur

My character (revised version) is Count Driden Defleur. He is about 6’1 and has black hair and light blue eyes. Hey is about 37 years old and is from the distant province Duskhallow. Much like Duskhallow, he dresses in a dark suit and has a silver cane with an obsidian raven on top. He also wears a top hat and a monocle. He is very grim and a loner. He is very intelligent but often intimidated people (just by stature and personality lol not on purpose). I can’t wait for this to start!

17. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

JOIN US! Do it. Do it. Just do it. Do it. Do it already. Just do it. Totally do it. Do it Do it.

18. Xasto
    Terradon

Xasto Well-Known Member

My character is Lord Barbissar Tisk, hailing from the eastern region of Skagaskon, beyond the mountain range. From Jokulsa, the capital city of his lands, Tisk oversees the continent's most prolific mining operation. He looks to expand his trade routes to new markets, particularly in distant lands, and renew trading agreements with his neighbor Lord Ravensden. A dispute between their family, of an origin lost to the many years since then, saw any cooperation between the two kingdoms stopped. Tisk, being primarily a man of buisiness, intends to rectify, as he calls them, the ''past mistakes of his short-sighted ancestors'', and it is with this in mind that he accepted the invitation to the Castle.

Barbissar Tisk, 52 years old, is an imposing man, hailing at 6'1'' and weighing well over 250 pounds, a firm mix of strong muscles and eating too many hogs. A long, grey beard is all that is left showing on his bald head. Veteran of wars long done, Tisk usually wears a leather armor and modest clothes, though the emblem of his House can be seen sowed upon his chest, a rearing white horse.

19. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

So, there is a good change I will really get into character. Sorry if I swear like a sailor:blackeye:

20. LizardWizard
    OldBlood

I was inspired to go digging. I am not certain if this will be the rule set use for this iteration, but here is the original!