1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS Slann Starlord idea

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Nielspeterdejong, Aug 28, 2017.

1. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Nielspeterdejong Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

I'm a big fan of the current Seraphon changes, as they are simple yet help us out in a great way! While also having nice synergy with all our abilities. However, there were still some things lacking, which I would have loved seeing in our Seraphon Allegiance. Such as new spells, more possibilities for mortal wounds, defense against said mortal wounds, and a good general use command for all our generals.

Also, I heard some people say that the fact that our older models no longer are Seraphon Allegiance is because they want to give us newer models in the future. As such, I would love to see a model similar to this: https://www.benkomets.com/mazdamundi/

I love how good our current Slann are, but I for one would love to see a stronger Slann option aside from Lord Kroak, and after seeing Mazdamundi on top of Slaaq in Total War Warhammer, I personally would love to see such a model for us as well, especially if they give him abilities that help where our army is struggling. As such I made a PDF version of the Warscroll which I would love to see for this, and I'm hoping that we could field this model for 400 points (one model per Pitched battle though). I've added some elements of both the Celestial Hurricanum, as well as the Skink Chief, which we have lost due to the changes. So that the Slann Starlord could make up for that loss. Let me know what you think about it!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BySRcyTjvqKIMFFUcmc2aTV0eEU

tom ndege, Captaniser and scubrat like this.
  2. scubrat
    Temple Guard

scubrat Well-Known Member

Cool warscroll man, I like the different bits of fluff. I think 400pts is a little generous! I could see it being at least 500-600pts given all its different attacks and abilities.

Saminator and Captaniser like this.
  3. Mune
    Skink

Mune Member

Like the person before: 400p isnt enoth.
    Im not even sure about 500-600.

Captaniser likes this.
  4. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Well the Celestial Hurricanum costs 380 without the penalty against flying units, and it gives a area +1 to hit buff (which is huge!) as opposed to it being used as a command on a single unit.

Coupled with him having better melee, 1 less hp, and 3 support spells instead of one direct damage spell, I was hoping the price could be around that. 450 points perhaps? As he won't have the global mortal wounds damage of Lord Kroak?

Captaniser likes this.
  5. scubrat
    Temple Guard

Having the "Hero" keyword might affect things as that could also take artefacts and command abilities making it stronger, better melee can't be underestimated and three unique support spells would make it one of the strongest wizards. I'm still thinking 500-600pts, but eh, who knows ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

6. GreenyRepublic
    Temple Guard

GreenyRepublic Well-Known Member

As long as it's played by Chris Pratt then I'm all ears.

7. Nielspeterdejong
    Terradon

Fair nuff ;p And what if it actually becomes Mazdamundi the legendary lord? Would 450 be fairer?

Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  8. scubrat
    Temple Guard

Mmm, to be fair, I just looked up Neferata's rules and she is only 400pts in GHII and her combat is slightly better, maybe 450pts would be more appropriate.

9. Xasto
    Terradon

Xasto Well-Known Member

Cool idea! Love these fluff related post hahaha! Like everyone else said, maybe an increased point cost is needed, seems really strong o_O