1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Suggestions for Coatl

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by kulumbus, May 19, 2010.

1. kulumbus
    Jungle Swarm

kulumbus New Member

I was wondering what ideas anybody would have about what parts to use for building the Coatl, what colors to use and where I can find it's points.

2. BezZeMad
    Cold One

BezZeMad Member

As far as I know there are no rules for the Coatl (no official ones anyway).

I once saw a conversion that I think used the old Metal High-Elf Dragon and some pegasus wings.

Good luck with the conversion anyway.

3. Great Lord Tlanxla
    Saurus

Great Lord Tlanxla New Member

I have a decent idea for a Coatl model....

Go to this link and if it doesnt work go to the heavy support section for tyranids and look at the trygon/mawloc model: http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catalog/productDetail.jsp?catId=cat1020013&prodId=prod340015a

This would take a lot of filing and green stuff but with a different head and wings attached this could look like a Coatl but for the old old rules you would need to look in the book titled lustria. I think that is where the rules for it are.

4. Arsenal
    Temple Guard

Arsenal New Member

I think this is the guy you are referring too.

Quatl2.jpg

5. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

I would almost start with a lord of change model... Depending on how big you wanted the beast.

6. president kang
    Skink

president kang Member

They are very hard to get a hold of, but if you can find the Ral Parth Shadow Run feathered Serpent (either the metal model or preferrably the resin), they can't be beat. I have one of the resin one's painted up, and it truely is a Coatl in all of its glory.

7. blue-dragon88
    Skink

blue-dragon88 New Member

reaper minturs do a Coatl

looks like ....
    14459.jpg

8. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

9. Arsenal
    Temple Guard

Arsenal New Member

10. BezZeMad
    Cold One

BezZeMad Member

That would be the beastie!
    Andy Hoare converted that one as far as I know.

There are no rules in the Lustria book for it, at least, none that I have encountered!

11. the-graven
    Kroxigor

the-graven New Member

Just make the rules and points up it isn't that hard, look at the fluff, it's a big beastie(Terror) and has his own magic(just make up 3 powers and every turn you can use 1 and it can't be dispelled, sort of like the engine), it has wings(flyer) and the stat line something like this:
    M WS BS S T W I A Ld
    4 5 0 6 6 5 3 6 9
    Ooh and don't forget Cold-Blooded and I would also make him Stubborn and ItP(it's no a creature that would be scared easily) and US 6, for the points I guess 350 is ok.

12. imnohero
    Skink

imnohero New Member

I just picked up the resin one on ebay today. Pumped!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Ral-Partha-10-861-Shadowrun-Feathered-Serpent-SEALED-/390182951268#ht_859wt_913

13. strewart
    OldBlood

Sure you got the resin one? It says 'plastic and lead free pewter' on the box.. Pewter is metal.
    Either way, congrats! This isn't the same coatl miniature posted earlier is it? If not, post some pics when you stick it together, I am interested to see what it looks like.

14. Arsenal
    Temple Guard

Arsenal New Member

Here is the actual info from an old Warhammer Annual

http://i402.photobucket.com/albums/pp104/ironbriar/Quatl.jpg

15. imnohero
    Skink

imnohero New Member

I'm not positive, but I'm pretty sure. The best info I could find on this model was here:

http://www.xs4all.nl/~gurth/shadowrun/ralpartha.html

He says in the description "The kit is cast in some kind of lightweight resin (my guess is polyurethane) with a pewter base that gives it some weight and will stop it from falling over too easily." So I'm hoping that the seller on ebay mistook the resin for plastic. The model numbers seem to match up, but I guess I'll just have to wait and see for sure. Below is the small picture of the model from that site, but I'll definitely post a pic once I get mine assembled if you guys are interested.

2kkp77.jpg

Thank you! I wasn't able to find this anywhere :D

16. the-graven
    Kroxigor

the-graven New Member

Is also good, though he has no cc ability at all, I mean S 3 for such a big beast, wtf !!?

17. president kang
    Skink

president kang Member

That's the resin one that I have. The base is metal, the rest of the model resin. The model is highly detailed and its bigger than any of the GW Dragons. Its a joy to paint - tons of detail, really lends itself to blending and dry brush highlights. Have fun and lets us see what it looks like when you are done!

18. MI_Tiger
    Temple Guard

MI_Tiger Member

I realize this is from an older ruleset, but how would "Master of the Sacred Places" work? It is a spell that is cast before the game begins. How many PD can you use? Can the enemy try to dispel it? Can they use a scroll?

19. Arsenal
    Temple Guard

Arsenal New Member

My guess it would be a one off unstoppable kind of thing like the Wood Elf free wood, or like the new special rules for Slugtongue in the new Beastman book that are just free happenings before the match begins. As long as your opponent didn't mind I am sure you could play it however you wanted to.

20. strewart
    OldBlood

Yeah given that WE can move stuff for free and how different magic is now I would just let him move pieces without a test... The other thing you could do is make it a spell that works during the game to move terrain around, but I'm not such a fan of that idea even though the WE can do it. Casting a spell before deployment won't really work in the current rules.