1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Announcement Trophy points and the @function: how they work

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by Scalenex, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Trophy points occur from posting things and generating likes. They do not immediately transfer over from the old site. You have to log on and stay online for about ten minutes or so for the program to generate your trophy points for posts you made before the switch as far as I can tell. Basically you get trophy points for crossing thresholds of post counts or numbers of likes. Pretty simple really.

The @ function is pretty simple If you type @Scalenex then I will get an alert the next time I log on to Lustria-Online directing me to the post where I am flagged. If I'm online when I'm flagged, I SHOULD get the alert immediately.

This works for any user, not just the staff. For instance if you want help versus Dwarves and you happen that the imaginary forumite "Dwarflizard" dual collects LM and Dwarfs, you can ask for help in a post and type in @Dwarflizard to your post to get said person's attention (I get flagged sometimes on the Carpe Noctern Forum by Vampire Count players who are starting Lizardmen). Though proper nettiquette is such that you should not overuse flagging members who are not moderators if you do not know said person well. In scenarios like this, you are still asking the community at large for help but you are especially asking one person for help. If you ONLY want that person's help, you should probably stick with a private message (or a conversation as they are now called on the new forum server).

Another use for flagging is if there was a long thread with lots of questions and comments from different people, and you only answered one question or address one comment you could write.

"@Dwarflizard, in response to your question. Yes, I agree, Skaven do smell really bad."

Another thing you can do with the @ function is thank someone for helping you, especially if they didn't know they were helping. If Dwarflizard came up with an interesting idea months ago, and you use said idea to dominate a tournament, write a Tactica or whatever, you can type. Thanks to "@Dwarflizard for showing giving me this idea"

There are a number polite ways and reasons to get someone's attention with the @ function. We pride ourselves on a friendly atmosphere on this forum. If the @ function is used to personally attack or harass someone, or is used inappropriately in any other way, the mods will step in to put a stop to that with disciplinary action. We very very rarely need to do disciplinary action, so lets keep it that way..

Last edited: Apr 16, 2016
    HeirofCarnage, Avak786 and NexS1 like this.
  2. Scalenex
    Slann

Scalenex Keeper of the Indexes Staff Member

Fun fact, if you typed @ + a user's name BEFORE the forum switch, nothing happened. That's probably a good thing so nobody is getting a six month late alert.

n810 likes this.