1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

what happened to the france games day terrain board

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by lustria, Jul 29, 2010.

1. lustria
    Saurus

lustria Member

high guys. i was wondering what happened to the 2005 france gamesay board of the temple city.it is shown in thw (now old) warhammer book.i have had a look on google and theirs been one common link i have found http://fr.games-workshop.com/warhammer/lustrie/decors/hexacoatl/index.asp
    when i go onto this i cannot display a webpage.is this just me or has it been taken of the web. would appreciate any websites that you may find please post them here. it truly is an amazing scenery. thanks

2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

Bracnos likes this.
  3. Gor-rok
    Terradon

Gor-rok Member

I think I'd probably sell my house to have that. Wait, no probably about it.

Thanks for posting that!

4. strewart
    OldBlood

strewart Well-Known Member

Wow I don't think I've seen that before. Looks amazing.

Would be awesome to have more space so I could justify making a bunch of really cool terrain pieces and perhaps a board or two. Oh well.

5. lustria
    Saurus

lustria Member

thankyou so much guys, i have been searching for a page like that for months now.ime surte you all aggree that if we could have that we would but do you think youd be able to play on it? ;)

6. strewart
    OldBlood

Its more of a really big display piece isn't it. A siege of a Temple City would be awesome as a scenario, but the actual city takes up a bit too much of the board.

There have been rumours for a while now of GW bringing siege battles back into the spotlight. I still have the GW fortress set, and there may be a new one coming plus expanded rules for sieges. They are awesome fun, but take a bit more time than normal pitched battles and usually require a bit more space.

7. lustria
    Saurus

lustria Member

siege battles? havnt done then tough i suppose i am still recent to warhammer. how does it go?

8. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

If you looked into the link you will notice it's made on 6 or more diiferent tables and I beleive
    they can be seperated so you can actualy reach your models.

9. lustria
    Saurus

lustria Member

yer i noticed that to although it would still kinda be awkward to game on, alot of movement trays needed i recon :)

10. strewart
    OldBlood

How it used to work was the attacker got double the points of the defender, which I guess is why the game took so long. A pretty decent and impressive looking siege was 2k vs 4k. Defender could buy things like boiling oil, and got a massive bonus defending the wall in combat. Attacker bought ladders, siege towers, and battering rams. The main one I played in 6-7 years ago the game was undecided when we had to pack up, very close and lots of forces still on either side.

Very first battle of warhammer I ever played (intro game in GW) was me as LM, my brother as Brets defending a castle. :D

11. lustria
    Saurus

lustria Member

sweet. :D

12. Heinz the Hammer
    Skink

Heinz the Hammer New Member

I stumbled onto this a year or two ago, now I was looking for inspiration for my own terrain, and I just could not find it, the only thing i can say is AWESOME and thanks. :D

Can't believe I did no check here sooner.

13. lustria
    Saurus

lustria Member

id ejust like to comment that this is so sweet