1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

AoS What wacky new stuff could they add to seraphon?

Discussion in 'Seraphon Discussion' started by Lord-Marcus, Mar 28, 2018.

1. TheSkeptic
    Chameleon Skink

TheSkeptic Active Member

Yeah, they were quite fun rules wise, but it was also nice to read about their backgrounds. Added some nice flavour to Fantasy, which we don't see a lot of now.

2. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Lord-Marcus Sixth Spawning

Correct. It feels like we are lacking the spice

3. Kor`Torak
    Skink

Kor`Torak Member

I would like to see new kits for the saurus warriors to bring rhem up to date. Rules wise i think theyre fine, maybe 2hweapons would be cool, like 2x10 sw.

Temple guard with 2 wounds or some way to negate MW for them when near a hero/slann, if the enemy has MW they're screwed all over way too hard.

And also the knights, i hate the whole kit, it's awefull, they could bring them inline with the total war 2 knights, and be a dual kit with the even more elite cavalry in the horned ones.

Loved those models in game, they would be a ton of fun to paint and model.

Then new kroxigors, and Nakai/kroxigor hero, with a batallion using skinks, and plastic razordons/salamanders.

That's all i would want, maybe the revivification crystal rule for for the bastilodon. But besides that, i think we're fine actually on models and diversity, SCE have just too many of the same thing slightly different, and i feel no envy to their range. Only for the flying guys with hammers, those are sick cool.

4. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Our diversity is mostly fine yea, the only thing we're "missing" in terms of units are effective non-horde general purpose infantry and the ability to field our big dinosaurs without immeadiatly running into behemoth limits. Would love to see several tiers of stegadons for us to field like in the TW game with "young" stegadons/bastilidons/carnosaurs resembling the SCE dracoth units and "ancient" ones would be what we currently already have. It would make for a cool army.

What we need fixed most though is just the general flaws in our rules; summoning, rule of one, lack of a spell-lore and prayers, the dependency on synergy, and difficulty in maintaining it, etc. Proper new units aren't that needed.

HeirofCarnage likes this.
  5. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

I agree,the cold one cav need a revamp to be in line with the modern interpretation of cold ones (see - dark elf knights)

6. Kor`Torak
    Skink

Kor`Torak Member

We solve the problem with hordes using more kroxigors if they become viable, or as i said, with 2hw saurus that attack multiple targets.

Salamanders hitting every model in the 8-12" range instead of a single shot with multiple damage, would be awesome too, just like a true flamer is supposed to be, this way we can place them behind our saurus lines and scorch everything in sight to ashes, and handlers would be usefull thanks to the increased range.

Feral stegadon, basti, carno or trog would be cool just for points reduction.

7. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

I meant having an effective infantry unit that isn't a horde unit. Skinks and saurus warriors are both only really effective as a horde (yea yea, 10 skinks are "good" thanks to wary fighter, they're still only good at running away). Not an anti-horde unit like Kroxigors.

Feral stegadon and such would be cool not just for the point reduction but even just to be able to field a bunch of dinosaurs. Right now the costs and behemoth restrictions limit it to a handfull of big dinosaurs. It's not cool :(

8. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Warriors aren't good in small units?

9. Kor`Torak
    Skink

Kor`Torak Member

Weak saves, little damage, no special rules by themselves. Yeah, they're not the best. You need the sunclaw starhost and big blobs, 30+

HeirofCarnage and Canas like this.
  10. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

Not particularly. Without their horde bonuses they just don't have particularly good stats and are only really interesting in so much that they're a bunch of bodies to put in your enemies way. Only exception is in a sunclaw starhost, it pushes their stats just far enough to make em somewhat decent, even in a small unit. Though they're still mediocre at best.

HeirofCarnage and Lord-Marcus like this.
  11. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

I guess the old ones didn't craft the ultimate fighting machine

12. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

yea.. for creatures specificly designed to be good at combat they're a tad dissapointing...

13. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

They get better with age?

Wazz likes this.
  14. Canas
    Slann

Canas Ninth Spawning

The old-blood on foot isn't exactly stellar either. Though his ability to re-roll wound-rolls of 1 for all saurus near him does make him quite nice in a supportive capacity. The sunblood does actually manage to be a threat on foot though :p

15. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Typical of GW. Write fluff about how amazing something is and then give it crappy rules. Watch as sales for that model perform poorly, assume it’s not popular, and then proceed to ignore it for years. Claim to write lore based rules to the masses when they complain about how the rules don’t match the lore, then drive up the price of the models before better rules are released.

HeirofCarnage and Canas like this.
  16. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

Well, our start collecting is awesome value, and I'm sure hordes of saurus can result.

17. Jason839
    Salamander

Jason839 Well-Known Member

Yes it is. :) I have 90 Saurus Warriors but I want to go up to 120 before I tried going for horde army.

18. Lord-Marcus
    Slann

I just enjoy painting the suxkers

19. Hyperborean
    Ripperdactil

Hyperborean Well-Known Member

I saw all the dragon stuff but think about it, giant, frickin Quetzalcoatlus like not even a quetzal bird type thing but the giant pterosaur having that as a giant flying bomber thing

intensely impractical but I enjoy thinking of skinks manning the back of one of those things like an airship crew

20. Aginor
    Slann

Aginor Fifth Spawning Staff Member

Ok that sounds awesome...