1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cold One Dark Elf Conversions?

Discussion in 'Painting and Converting' started by Fork Tongue, Dec 12, 2013.

1. Fork Tongue
    Jungle Swarm

Fork Tongue New Member

IMO the lizard Man cold ones look like a Dopey the dwarf cross bred with a frog!

Has anyone done a conversion with the current rider model on the Dark Elf Cold One Model? Any links to pics would realy assist.

Fork Tongue

Cordam likes this.
  2. n810
    Slann

n810 First Spawning

3. Stormfrog
    Saurus

Stormfrog New Member

4. godswearhats
    Saurus

godswearhats New Member

Nice paint scheme on those!

5. Pinktaco
    Skar-Veteran

Pinktaco Vessel of the Old Ones Staff Member

How do you make the saddle work?

6. PizzaSaurus
    Jungle Swarm

PizzaSaurus New Member

These are mine.

This is the way i go about it, roughly. I use the plastic cold one knights for this.

First file down the Cold ones saddle so its even, but keeping the details in the frontof the saddle like the ring and stuff.

Then i take the two halves of the riders legs and add a snake of greenstuff between them.

Place the legs on the cold one where you want the rider to sit, and squeeze the legs in so they are snug around the cold one. Try not to get greenstuff on the cold one itself. Leave this to harden.

When its hard, use another blob of greenstuff to make the torso fit in the now larger hole in the legs. You can be more or less fussy with this step, but im usually pretty generous with the GS. I also add some to below the saddle, to fill it out a bit, but thats again optional. The important part is getting the saddle to fit the cold one and getting the torso to fit the legs. Also avoid GS'ing the rider to the cold one so you can paint them seperately.

Hope that gives you an idea :)

Attached Files: